What does Langley DPAC have to offer to PAC’s?
Langley DPAC is recognized by the School District as the collective voice of the parents at the district level.
- advises the School Board of parents’ views on matters relating to education in the district, including the district’s Accountability Contract
- provides parent education and leadership development, and a forum for discussion of educational issues
- assists parents in forming a parent advisory council in every school
- assists members in obtaining information and communicating with district personnel
- communicates with parents and parent advisory councils on educational matters
- communicates with other organizations in the community and province on educational matters of common interest
- encourages co-operation and communication among all the participants in the education system
- provides a link to BCCPAC
- monthly meetings
- weekly e-newsletters
- resources and information on current educational issues, trends and legislative changes
- representation on Langley School District committees
- support for parents and Parent Advisory Councils
Langley DPAC General Meetings are open to ALL parents.
Langley DPAC Registration and Consent Form 2007/08
PAC/DPAC Application for BCCPAC Membership 2007/08
PAC Representative to DPAC Roles and Responsibilities
Robert's Rules of Order and Parliamentary Procedure
PAC Cheque Requisition Samples
Parent Advisory Councils are Autonomous Bodies
Student Education Hierarchy in Langley
PAC DPAC Legislation Summary